MALCS Webjefa job position
MALCS seeks a volunteer webjefa to manage our website (www.malcs.org). The Webjefa is appointed by the Executive Committee, is a member of the Coordinating Committee, and serves for 3 years with possibility of reappointment.
*Maintain, update, and manage the MALCS website. Specifically, the Webjefa will:
- Perform regular maintenance including updating specific webpages as needed, deleting outdated content, and adding new content as directed by the Executive Committee.
- Look for and fixes errors, repairs broken links, making certain that all pages are correctly formatted, and other basic upkeep.
- Create new webpages as directed by the Executive Committee that may include forms, menus, tables, frames, graphics, and other elements as needed.
- Maintain the website structure and organization including backing up the website, deleting unused files and organizing directories.
- Make recommendations for design changes to the website as needed
*Serve on the organization’s Communications Team with the MALCS Chair-‐elect and the Administrative Coordinator.
- The Communications Team is tasked to develop and recommend to the Executive Committee a strategic and implementation plan to ensure a stable and vibrant community employing communication technologies.
*Coordinate Chicana/Latina Studies journal webpage updates with the Lead Editor(s) or her/their designee.
Skills, Knowledge and Experience Desired
- Webpage design experience and knowledge of good web design (including accessibility)
- Website maintenance experience
- Familiarity with WordPress platform or other comparable platforms
- Ability to communicate technical information to a non-‐technical audience
- Ability to take direction and work following feminist principles
- Ability to work independently and organize workflow efficiently
- Your own computer with necessary software and hardware
- Attendance at monthly virtual meetings with Coordinating Committee
Work Location: Anywhere
Time Commitment: 3-‐4 hours/week on average, with 8-‐10 hours during membership drives and lead up to annual Summer Institute
- Letter of interest which includes information on past webjefa experience
- Webpage portfolio
Please send application materials to Dr. Nohemy Solórzano-‐Thompson, Communication Committee Chair (firstname.lastname@example.org) with the subject line WEBJEFA APPLICATION – “your last name”
Application review begins June 16th; open until filled.