- The Comparative Ethnic Studies Program in the Department of Ethnic Studies at the University of California, Berkeley, invites applications for an Assistant Professor with a social science background (#1752). We define Comparative Ethnic Studies broadly as work that theorizes race both particularly and generally; focuses on more than one distinct racialized group; and/or theorizes the intersectional production of racialized groups across various vectors of difference. Teaching duties include undergraduate and graduate courses, including a course on social science methods.
The department seeks candidates whose research, teaching, or service has prepared them to contribute to our commitment to diversity and inclusion in higher education. The minimum qualification required to be considered an applicant for the position is the completion of all degree requirements except the dissertation. Applicants must have a Ph.D. or equivalent in an appropriate disciplinary or interdisciplinary field within one year of the time of appointment. Salary is commensurate with the level of appointment and based on University of California pay scales. Applications are due by November 14, 2013, for a start date of July 1, 2014.
Applications should include a cover letter, CV, writing sample or publication, supporting evidence of teaching quality (if available) and 3 reference letters. Applications should be submitted to: https://aprecruit.berkeley.edu/apply/JPF00264
The application website gives directions for self-registration, uploading of documents in PDF, and requesting letters of reference from letter writers. All letters will be treated as confidential per University of California policy and California state law. Please refer potential referees, including when letters are provided via a third party (i.e., dossier service or career center), to the UC Berkeley statement of confidentiality at https://apo.berkeley.edu/evalltr.html
If you have questions regarding the application process you may contact
Ann Gilbert (510) 642-1108 or email@example.com
UCB is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Employer. The University of California, Berkeley, is committed to addressing the family needs of faculty.
- Location: California
- Employment Level: Tenured, tenure track
- Website: https://ethnicstudies.berkeley.edu
- Application Deadline: November 14, 2013
- Category: Anthropology/ archaeology, Ethnic/ multicultural studies, Geography, and 2 more…
- Employment Status: Full-time
- Salary: Commensurate with experience
For more information: https://chronicle.com/jobs/0000801304-01/