Awards are based on both development and scholarly criteria. Proposals should offer a practical orientation to field-based information on the following topics:
· Organizations promoting grassroots development among the poor;
· the financial sustainability and independence of such organizations;
· trends affecting historically excluded groups such as African descendants, indigenous peoples, women and others;
· transnational development;
· the role of corporate social responsibility in grassroots development;
· the impact of globalization on grassroots development;
· the impact of grassroots development activities on the quality of life of the poor.
The Fellowship includes:
· round-trip international transportation to the research site;
· a research allowance of up to $3,000;
· a monthly stipend of $1,500 for up to 12 months;
· emergency health insurance;
· expenses related to required attendance at a mid-year conference.
For more information on this exceptional grant opportunity, including application instructions and additional information on the deadline, visit www.iie.org/iaf. For more information on the IAF, visit www.iaf.gov.