A new section of the MALCS website initiated by Chair Keta Miranda and the Executive Board in Summer 2011
2014 – Ex-Oficio, Mónica F. Torres
MALCS 2014: Proposal for Changes to the Bylaws
At the business meeting of the 2013 MALCS Summer Institute at Columbus, Ohio, a resolution was passed that proposed two changes to the bylaws and two actions in the operating practices of the organization. These are listed below. Voting on the changes proposed by the resolution will take place at the business meeting at the 2014 MALCS Summer Institute in Española, New Mexico.
(Downloadable version: 2014 by-laws resolutions_MALCS)
2013 – Acting Chair, Rita E. Urquijo-Ruiz
May 29, 2013
The members of the Executive Committee wish to thank Dr. Theresa Delgadillo for her service as Chairperson in 2012-2013. Dr. Delgadillo, as Assistant Professor in Comparative Literature at Ohio State University, has played several other important roles in the organization this year including serving as co-organizer of the MALCS 2013 Summer Institute and as co-moderator for Mujeres Talk.
Dr. Rita E. Urquijo-Ruiz has assumed the responsibilities of Chairperson of the MALCS Executive Committee. Dr. Urquijo-Ruiz is an Associate Professor in Spanish at Trinity University in San Antonio. From 2009-2011, she served as treasurer on the MALCS Executive Committee. She became MALCS Chairperson-elect in the summer of 2012.
Thank you. We appreciate your continued interest in and commitment to MALCS.
MALCS Executive Committee:
- Rita E. Urquijo-Ruiz, Acting Chair
- Monica F. Torres, Ex-Officio
- Judith Flores Carmona, Secretary
- Ester Hernandez, Treasurer
- Marivel Danielson, Membership Coordinator
- Josie Mendez-Negrete, Journal Lead Editor
- Lupe Gallegos-Diaz, Administrative Coordinator
2012 – Chair, Theresa Delgadillo
2012 – Chair, Mónica F. Torres
- Complete text of proposed bylaws revision, July 2012 (7/12/12)
- “Understanding the Past and Shaping the Future of MALCS: the 2012 Bylaws Propposal” by 2011-12 MALCS Chair Mónica F. Torres (7/12/12)
- Call for Approval of New Bylaws Revision, Elections (7/6/12)
- State of the Organization: MALCS Executive Committee Working on Major Initiatives (2/20/12)
- MALCS Protests Arizona Ban on Ethnic Studies (1/30/12)
2011 – Chair, Keta Miranda
- News from the Executive Committee (introduction of following documents)
- Report Back on Special Gathering (7/8/11)
- “Revisioning MALCS” (7/18/11)
- Proposed By-laws Revision (7/26/11)
- Summary of Major Changes (7/26/11)
- A Brief History of the Organization’s Fiscal Status (Update on MALCS as a financial entity (8/2/11)
- Statement by Chair Keta Miranda on 2010 MALCS Summer Institute boycott decision