CALL FOR NOMINATIONS
CREATIVE WRITING EDITOR
CHICANA/LATINA STUDIES: The Journal of Mujeres Activas en Letras y Cambio Social
DEADLINE: October 1, 2015
MALCS invites nominations and self-nominations for Creative Writing Editor to serve a five-year term for its flagship, interdisciplinary journal, Chicana/Latina Studies: The Journal of Mujeres Activas en Letras y Cambio Social. The term would begin May 15, 2016 and end on May 15, 2021.
Qualifications of candidates: This position is open to individuals at various ranks. A broad knowledge of the humanities and engagement with interdisciplinary theoretical developments in the field is required. Ideal candidates will possess a record of commitment, involvement, collaboration, and/or mentoring of individuals engaged in creative writing.
Major responsibilities include:
- Solicit high-quality creative writing manuscripts from potential authors
- Assist authors with the publication processes
- Produce a summary of creative work for each issue
- Collaborate with Lead Editor(s) with respect to the production process
- Initiate and post “Calls for Creative Writing” submissions
Applicants must have a letter of support from their institution indicating the level of support for this activity during the five-year appointment. Examples of institutional support may include course release time, funding to attend MALCS Summer Institute, and/or general office support.
Nominators should ascertain their nominee’s willingness to serve before submitting a name; self-nominations are also welcome.
Search procedure: The National Advisory Board will review applicants for each position immediately after submission deadline. For the position of Creative Writing Editor, the National Advisory Board will make a recommendation to the current Lead Editors, Drs. Gloria H. Cuádraz and C. Alejandra Elenes and the MALCS Executive Committee.
The application packet for Creative Writing Editor should include:
- A Cover Letter: Describing your interest in and qualifications for appointment.
- A Vision Statement: Set forth your goals and plans for the content of the Journal.
- Background Information: The name, affiliation, and other relevant information about the potential editor. Describe the work-related and professional experiences that qualify you to evaluate and provide feminist guidance to potential authors.
- Institutional Support: Please include a letter from your institution, which will serve as “A Memorandum of Agreement” between MALCS and the Creative Writing Editor’s institution.
- Contact information
Please send your Cover Letter addressed to: Josie Méndez-Negrete, Associate Professor, College of Education and Human Development, Department of Bicultural Bilingual Studies, 501 West César Estrada Chávez Boulevard, DB 4.346, San Antonio, Texas 78201.
Please send Application Packet electronically to firstname.lastname@example.org