We invite all members to nominate a candidate for an open position or consider running for office themselves.
The ideal candidate should:
- be a current member of MALCS or have been a member in the past.
- have served previously in a leadership position with a community and/or an academic organization.
- “pledge to acknowledge, value, and employ feminist principles and frameworks in our organizational practices” (article II section 2 of the MALCS bylaws).
If you want to self-nominate or nominate someone else, please make sure this person
- is or will become a member of MALCS,
- has agreed to run in the election, and
- agrees to serve in the leadership of MALCS if elected.
Be prepared to submit the following information about a nominee:
- Full name (and title, if available)
- Current institution/organization affiliation
- e-mail address and phone number
- Capacity in which this person has worked with MALCS (15 word limit)
- All nominators and nominees must be current members of MALCS by Summer Institute
- Each nominee may run for only one position at a time.
- The Nominations Committee will contact each nominee requesting a candidate’s statement (100 word limit) that articulates their interest in and qualifications for serving MALCS. This candidate statement will be available to members during the online voting period.
The members-only nominations form will be available at least one month prior to the election period. Please address any questions to the Nominations Committee.
Log in to view the nominations form and submit your nominations.
Please configure "Wild Apricot Login" plugin.